Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Evening


How To Start A Conversation And Make Friends
How to Start a
Conversation &
Make Friends
Painfully Shy: How to Overcome Social Anxiety and Reclaim Your Life
Painfully Shy
Well, last night we had the pleasure of entertaining Keith's friend Erica and her boyfriend Pete at our home. Keith made quesadillas. We had a bunch of stuff to go with them. Erica and Pete brought tomatoes, lettuce, donuts and beer. So we all shared stories about drinking and such, however, I really couldn't get past my shyness at all. I didn't speak much and basically clung to Keith. I just have it in my head somewhere or something that everyone will judge me because I'm not this really awesome person like everyone else seems to be. It was probably obvious that I am shy. I mean, all things considered. Granted I was in the comfort of my home, but still. I was really nervous-ish. I didn't take anything for it because, at the moment, I can't afford to get the prescription refilled, so I'm being extremely mild with it. So I found a book on eBay and I purchased it. Hopefully it'll work out - Painfully Shy is the title. I also found another book which maybe I ought to purchase... "How to Start a Conversation and Make Friends" I always have difficulty doing so. So Pete asked us if we had a laser pointer for Oreo, we said no, but then Keith remembered his Nerf gun from college had one and so he got it and teased her for a little bit. It was comical.

So.. in other news.. I went to CVS last night to get a different prescription filled and because of the plan I'm on through the state (SelectPlan for Women) I got it for free! Usually I was used to paying between $20-$60 for it! INSANE!! I was shocked. I was so excited about it for various reasons. I think Keith was pretty excited, too. Ha-ha.

This pretty much concludes my thoughts for the day...

Until next time - Kristin


Thankfulness Day 17 - I'm thankful for good laughs with good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment